Check out Kitsilano Pool at 2305 Cornwall
Parks & Recreation Vancouver
1100 Chestnut St.
Vanier Park is home to the Vancouver Museum, the Vancouver Maritime Museum, theCity of Vancouver Archives, and the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre.
Once a Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) station, the site was turned over to the Vancouver Park Board by the Federal Government on October 28, 1966. Named for former Governor General of Canada Georges Vanier, the park officially opened on May 30, 1967. The H.R. MacMillan Space Centre and the Vancouver Museum complex opened in 1968, thanks to lumber baron MacMillan’s $1.5 million donation.
Deputy Park Board Superintendent William Livingstone, famous for his landscape design for Queen Elizabeth Park and VanDusen Botanical Garden, increased the size of the original park site using tons of free fill from the excavation for the MacMillan Bloedel Building on Georgia Street. The fill added additional acres onto the park which was then landscaped by Livingstone and his crew.
Almond Park - 3600 W 12th
Arbutus Greenway Park - W. 11th Ave. between Vine and Arbutus
Margaret Piggot Park - 2743 Point Grey Rd.
Delamont Park - 2091 W. 7th Ave.
Hadden Park - 1905 Ogden Ave.
McBride Park - 3350 W. 4th Ave.
Rosemary Brown Park - W. 11th & Yew St.
Seaforth Peace Park - 1620 Chestnut St.
Tatlow Park - 2845 W. 3rd.
Volunteer Park - 2855 Point Grey Rd.
Connaught Park: - 2300 block West 10th Avenue (at Vine Street)
Connaught Park is an active, multi-functional park lined with oak and catalpa trees, which decorate the fields with their exotic flowers in early summer. There are many resting places and shaded benches to watch your kids in the spray park, have a picnic or observe a game of soccer or softball.
Though the exact date of this Connaught Park's start is lost to the ages, it was in existence by 1921 when the Park Board gave approval for nearby residents to plant market gardens in the undeveloped park areas. In 1926 the park received its first major playing fields and in 1948 the Board approved the construction of a community centre there as part of a bylaw improvement project. Ammenities include Community Center, Lighted Sports Field, Playground, Water/Spray Park, Washroom/Change Room, Baseball Diamonds, and Sports Field.
Kits Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Vancouver, especially in the warm summer months. Located at the north edge of Kitsilano, the beach faces out onto Burrard Inlet (geographical coordinates. The beach is home to the longest swimming pool in Canada, the salt-water outdoor Kitsilano Pool, operated by the Vancouver Park Board and open during the summer.
Toward the northern edge of the beach is a playground and a number of beach volleyball courts.
In the local Indigenous Sḵwxwú7mesh language, it is called xwupxpay'em, which translates to "having red cedar".
In 2005 the old bath house structure was demolished and in its place a new, modern structure was built with the Watermark restaurant on top, and new in 2011 the Boathouse Seafood Restaurant featuring one of the best views in the city.
Spanish Banks - East & West:
The Spanish Banks are a series of beaches located along the shores of English Bay in the West Point Grey neighbourhood. The Spanish Banks are located between Locarno Beach to the east and the grounds of the University of British Columbia to the west.
Spanish Banks were named for the first European explorers of the Strait of Georgia, Juan Carrasco and José María Narváez, who sited Point Grey in 1791.
Although technically just one bank, the Spanish Bank beaches are modestly divided into three sections: Spanish Bank East, Spanish Bank Extension, and Spanish Bank West. These beaches are backed by grassy fields, which make them popular for walks, family gatherings, picnics, soccer and volleyball games.
The Spanish banks are best known for their strikingly low tides, which are most prominent at Spanish Banks West. While swimming is possible at Spanish Banks East, skimboarding and kitesurfing are therefore more popular activities at Spanish Banks West.
Spanish Bank East
Spanish Bank East is situated west of Tolmie Street on Northwest Marine Drive. The beach is equipped with eight sand volleyball courts that operate on a first-come-first-serve basis. There are lifeguards on site (from Victoria Day to Labour Day), and a concession stand. A popular activity on Spanish Banks East is skimboarding in the many shallow pools and rad waves.
Spanish Bank Extension
Spanish Bank Extension can be found west of Spanish Bank West on Northwest Marine Drive. There are lifeguards on site (from Victoria Day to Labour Day), but there are no concession stands or volleyball courts.
Spanish Bank West
Spanish Bank West is located west of Spanish Bank East on Northwest Marine Drive. Like Spanish Bank East, this beach has eight volleyball courts, life guards on site (fromVictoria Day to Labour Day) and a concession stand. However, this beach is designated as a quiet beach so no amplified music is permitted.
Locarno Beach is one of the beaches that line English Bay. It is situated in the West Point Grey neighbourhood, between Jericho Beach and the Spanish Banks beaches. It was named after the Swiss city where a peace treaty was signed in 1925.
Although Locarno Beach is designated as one of Vancouver's "quiet beaches" the park area nearby is popular with families having picnics and barbecues in the summertime. It is also located near Vancouver's largest Youth Hostel.
Located between the North ends of Wallace and Discovery Streets.
In the summer, Jericho's immensely popular beaches and sailing club attract people from all over Vancouver who want to experience the sparkling waters of English Bay. The park offers plenty of recreation opportunities during other seasons as well, from tennis and field sports to bird-watching opportunities, picnic areas, and plenty of trails and paths along the water and through the forested areas. Known for its naturally sandy beaches this park combines high activity choices with naturally treed copses and ponds. Before the arrival of European settlers this area was home to a native village called Eeâ€™yullmough. Later in the 1860s a logging camp under the auspices of Jeremiah Rogers took hold here. This once was the site of Vancouver's first golf course but was commandeered by the National Department of Defence in 1919 for a seaplane base with numerous hangars lining the shoreline. Turned over to the Park Board in the early 1970s, all but a handful of the buildings were demolished as the park took shape. The eastern section of the beach caters to swimmers and the west to sailboats and windsurfers under the auspices of the popular Jericho Sailing Association.